Friday, August 7, 2009

Love/Hate

Things I Love:
  • food shopping, in general
  • but more specifically, when I find things I didn't know I always wanted
  • like cocoa roasted almonds
  • and meyer lemon sorbet
  • and I especially love sweet old men
  • who tell us about unadvertised deals on deli meat
  • and give us free baby swiss ♥
Things I Hate:
  • bookstores that change their layout
  • without any warning
  • and don't label the travel section
  • which is now with the money management section
  • like I need a reminder that I suck with money
  • I just want a vacation!
  • and I don't like people who aren't readers
  • especially when they're in bookstores
  • because they TALK
  • just go sit in the café and drink your $6 beverage
Also, I wish I'd been able to find a book that I wanted. I know I'm going to finish the one I'm reading pretty soon, and even though I have a bazillion unread books waiting to be consumed, I'm just not in those sorts of moods. Ideally, I'd like to read something else by Louise Shaffer, the author of the book I'm currently reading. But Borders didn't have any of her other books, and I'm not patient enough for Amazon. Maybe I can find something to kill time with until A Lion Among Men comes out in paperback on the 25th.

No comments: