Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Little Bit More Than So Much

There's so much to say, I don't know where to begin...

I thought it would be easier to say goodbye this time because I know that I'll see him again in 4 weeks. But actually, it turned out to be much harder. I've grown so much more attached to him--fallen so much deeper in love with him--than I was 7 months ago. I think one of us will have to move within the next year. I think it will probably be me. Which really just puts more pressure on this trip of mine to Italy next month...as if there could be any more pressure on it!

The past week went by way too quickly. We had so much fun together...cooking and baking and kissing and laughing and reading stories and watching movies and walking around the city. I wish I could pick out my favorite moment, but it's impossible. Was it our tickle war? Was it when the waitress brought us juice in wine goblets and told us we were king & queen for the day? Was it listening to him do funny voices while he read Pinocchio to me? Was it him spinning me in the kitchen while we danced to a mixed CD full of silly love songs, like Dean Martin's "That's Amore"? I don't know...there are too many beautiful memories to choose from. It probably wasn't being swarmed by mosquitoes at the corn maze, although the sunset that night was one of the loveliest I've ever seen. I don't think it was my sister teasing us about holding hands while walking down a flight of stairs, but it might have been walking around the oldest part of the city together while the sun was coming up that morning. When we're together, the smallest things become these beautiful, magical moments that I know I'll treasure forever.

My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite.

-
"Romeo and Juliet"-