Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sorting

Yesterday I finished reading the most wonderful book. If you like Venice, glass works, history, a little bit of mystery, and a little bit of romance, then I can't recommend anything more highly than The Glassblower of Murano by Marina Fiorato.

Other than that beautiful book, not much has been going on lately. I've been helping Flavio with part of his thesis project, and I've been working, and I've been cooking a little bit. Tonight I'm making spaghetti pomodoro again, and I picked up a bottle of Arbor Mist sangria zinfandel to go with it (I don't know if this is a good pairing or not--I really don't know anything about wine--but I like Arbor Mist, even if it is a bit too sweet to drink with dinner).

I'm going to spend the afternoon going through some of the stuff I have packed away in the garage. Even though I'm not moving out until November-ish, helping my grandparents move a couple weeks ago taught me that it's never too early to start packing. Especially since I have a lot of stuff, most of which I probably don't even need/want for my apartment. Also, this will be a good opportunity to take inventory of what we have, so we can start figuring out what we still need (before we register for wedding gifts).

P.S. Sorry for my lack of photos lately. My computer is basically out of memory, and I need to do something about that before my trip (2 and a half weeks!!!), or else y'all won't get any photos of that either.

P.P.S. So I really want to go to Èze. Like now. Well, not now, but in the off-season, when it's empty and cheap.

No comments: