Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Baby Things


My cousin Brittany is having a baby. Not that I need an excuse to knit baby things, but it's nice to be knitting them for an actual baby, rather than the dream of the one I hope to have someday. After knitting three elephants and three & three-quarter rabbits (the last one is patiently waiting for some ears), I really wanted to knit something else. Enter Otto, an Ysolda pattern that's been in my queue forever. I wasn't that crazy about any of the colors of Cashsoft DK, which I normally use for stuffed animals, but I found a really beautiful icy blue shade of Babyboo. Although I got a bit frustrated with the way the Otto pattern was designed (the crotch gusset, especially), I'm pretty happy with the way he turned out.

I also knitted a baby-sized Koolhaas with Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in a cool pea green. I love, love, love this little hat. It only took about a day to knit, and I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

In other news, I'm going back to Italy at the end of February. Originally, Flavio was going to come here for Valentine's day, but we both decided it would be better for me to go there. We won't be able to spend Valentine's day together, unfortunately, but we will be spending our 1-year anniversy (Feb. 28th) together, and that means a lot more to me. I'm hoping to stay a little bit longer than I did during my last trip, and I think we'll be having a few little adventures while I'm there. Possibilities include Annecy, Turin, Lake Como, and the roof of the Duomo.

2 comments:

Lori Ann said...

so cute! I just finished knitting a baby hat, my first knit project using purl & a pattern!... will blog about it once I get a good picture taken :-D

♥whitney said...

thanks! I can't wait to see the hat you made!