Monday, January 26, 2009

Little Updates

I'm trudging through these socks. Actually, it's a fun pattern, but it's really taking me forever. They're really pretty, though, so I'm determined to knit the second sock (if I ever finish the first one). Truthfully, I've been so preoccupied with other things lately, I haven't made much time for knitting.

As far as what the 'other things' are, I wish I could say, but it's just too early. It's killing me to not blog about it!

My cousin--whose baby shower was supposed to be yesterday--had her baby in the wee hours of Saturday morning. So the baby shower has been postponed, which means little Boo Boo is still sitting in a pretty gift bag, waiting to be delivered.

I'm trying really hard not to spend any money (despite just ordering 3 paperbacks from Amazon), which means I'm not buying yarn. I'm trying to knit from my stash, but my stash isn't very big (compared to other knitters!) and is mostly limited to sock yarn. I do have yarn to knit a couple lovely Ishbels, and some purple DK that was for a design project but will probably be used to knit some snuggly baby sweater.

After a couple of really beautiful days, the weather has turned bitterly cold (again). I can't wait until my trip...I leave 4 weeks from tomorrow!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

That sock yarn is absolutely gorgeous, which is weird for me because I'm NOT a purple fan. What's the pattern called?

I can't wait to here your secret news!

♥whitney said...

thanks, andrea! the pattern is livia, by stephanie van der linden (from the fall '08 issue of twist collective). the yarn is dream in color smooshy, in pansy golightly.

the secret news will be revealed when I get back from my trip (the first week in march)!

♥whitney said...

p.s. honestly I'm getting a bit sick of purple, but it seems to be all that's in my stash!