Thursday, January 1, 2009

Gotham City Socks

[ raveled. ]

This was a really fun pattern to knit. Simple, but never boring. And considering I did these on a pair of size 1 needles that I hate, this went very quickly. I think it's the fastest pair of socks I've ever done. And I love, love, love this Malabrigo sock yarn!

These socks fit really, really well. Most socks I've knitted tend to be too loose in the heel. I think the tighter gauge really helped with that here. And my favorite part? The cable on the side of the foot:

Great job on the pattern, Andrea! I hope it's not your last design! I'd love to see what other beautiful things you come up with.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Your socks look lovely! Much better than mine to be sure! Thank you so much for the high praise, you're my hero!

♥whitney said...

Thanks, Andrea! And thanks for designing such an awesome pattern, seriously.