Friday, February 13, 2009

Brenta Beret

[ raveled. ]

I knitted this hat to wear during my upcoming trip to Italy (T minus 11 days!!!). 'Brenta' is the name of the Metro stop in my sweetheart's neighborhood. As much as I've been hoping for an early spring in Milan, it doesn't look like it's going to happen, so this beret should keep me just warm enough. The pattern is Porom by Jared Flood, and the yarn is Sublime merino cashmere silk dk. This was a really quick, fun, easy thing to knit. The only mod I made was to use size 7 needles for the ribbing instead of size 6, because I don't have a size 6 circular...although actually, I'm really glad I used size 7 because I wouldn't have wanted the band any tighter. Quelle hat hair!

P.S. Yesterday I got the most beautiful surprise at my doorstep...two dozen of the prettiest tulips you've ever seen! I was so happy and surprised, I cried. Nobody's ever sent me flowers! And the card was just brilliant...'I love you every day more.'

The blue ones haven't opened up yet, but I'll post another picture when they do.

No comments: