Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ridic. Sick

I'm on day 7 of a beastly cold. The first couple days, it was just a sore throat and a little cough, but I wanted to nip it in the bud (since I'm traveling soon), so I stayed home from work. Day 3, my throat didn't hurt as much, and I thought I was getting better, so I went to work. BIG MISTAKE!! There are about a hundred people sick at work, and it just made my cough worse. Monday was a holiday and Tuesday & Wednesday were my days off, so I figured all of that R&R would help me kick this thing. Not so much. :\ It's strange...I wake up feeling OK, but as the day progresses, I get completely worn out and I end up feeling worse. Anyway, I stayed home again tonight, but I absolutely have to go back to work tomorrow, whether I'm feeling better or not. I'm hoping that I'll be well by Saturday or Sunday. I caught this from my mom a couple days after she got sick, and she was feeling a lot better today.

On a happier note, I'm so excited about my trip! I started packing my suitcase this afternoon, and lately Flavio & I have been discussing our plans for each day. Lake Como and Annecy are definitely happening, and today there was a little bit of talk about taking an express train from Annecy to Paris. I would absolutely love to see Paris, but I don't know if we'll actually have time for it.

My lovely irises are beginning to wilt, but I can't bear to throw them away. I wish I had a flower press! Maybe I should dry them out?

2 comments:

arialllll said...

Sorry you're sick :-( EVERYONE at work is getting sick, and I'm just waiting for it to hit. I'm hoping that since I'm antisocial I can avoid it...
Definitely dry your flowers! I think you can do it with a microwave? If not, I just used to shove things into my dictionary with other heavy books on top to press them. Usually more bulbous, but still preserved. Then you can craft with them, like seal them and decorate a picture frame!
I used the first v-day flowers Nathan gave to me to fill a lamp - they had clear glass bodied lamps at Wal Mart and I unscrewed the bottom to drop flowers in it.

♥whitney said...

I think the irises are a bit too far gone to dry (they're paper thin...I think they'd just disintegrate), but I'm drying one of the tulips. I've got a little wooden box that I keep mementos from Flavio in, so I'm going to keep the petals in there after they dry.

P.S. I hope you don't get sick! I'm finally starting to feel better.