Monday, February 23, 2009

Stow Away

My flight leaves in about 23 hours. I'm packing up my new suitcase (which, unfortunately, seems to hold less than I need it to), trying not to forget anything important. My beastly cold seems to have almost disappeared. And by almost, I mean that I can sort of taste food and I'm only blowing my nose about half as often now. Sigh. On the plus side, Mother Nature seems to have gotten the memo about my trip, and the weather is going to be absolutely lovely while I'm in Italy. It's even going to be 60 degrees in Annecy on Saturday! I'm really happy that we're spending so much time outside of Milan this time. It's not that I don't like Milan, but I've been sick for so long (today is Day 11) that my energy level is really low right now, and I think the fresh air of the country and the mountains will be really nice.

I still have to pack a pair of shoes, some pants, and ALL of my toiletries (including my hair straightener). There'll be some extra room in it on the way home, because right now Flavio's Christmas presents are packed in there. For some reason, he never got the package and it was returned to me a couple weeks ago.

Well, I'm off to get ready for work. It's unfortunate that, with everything I still need to do, I have to spend 8+ hours at work tonight. I guess I'll probably stay up all night and sleep on the plane. See you all in a week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kitty caption: "when are they gonna get here?!"

Anonymous said...

btw, i miss your house! the few days that i spent there was one of the best things about college :D