Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Spring

Today was a pretty great day. The weather has finally decided to be beautiful (and, hopefully, stay beautiful). This morning I took Xena for her longest walk yet--about 3/4 of a mile. She's doing really great! She even sits down when we reach an intersection so I can check for traffic before crossing the street.

I spent a good chunk of the afternoon downtown with my mom, trying to figure out where I need to go and how I need to get there, because I've been summoned for jury duty next week. *sigh* Since we were in the area, we decided to go to Caffe Moderne (one of my favorite places) for a late lunch. I had an amazing smoked salmon & cucumber panini, a side salad of mixed spring greens, and a pomegranate Italian soda. Followed up by a hazelnut cappuccino and a dish of pistachio gelato. It was the perfect lunch.

Then I bought licorice and some beautiful roses. Great day. The end.

No comments: