Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Bambolina


I finished Bambolina's dress last night (including sewing a scallop-edged ribbon to the hem of her dress, like a little ruffle that's peeking out). I'm so happy with the way she turned out! I also knit a little mousie, but he still needs ears. And also also, I started another doll. They're just too fun! This one was inspired by an outfit Ysolda posted about in her blog last week. I'm even playing around with the idea of making a miniature Icing Swirl beret for her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAHH!! SHE'S ADORABLE! Make sure to post the next one too!
I'd like to make one, but I'm not really good at patterns, I've only ever done hats and simple ones at that. Really might have to attempt this one though...

♥whitney said...

the thing I love about ysolda's patterns is that they're really well-written. *also* they're seamless (I really hate sewing seams). you may have trouble with some techniques (like the figure 8 cast-on, which I've done 4 times now and still have trouble with), but it's pretty easy to find video tutorials using google and/or youtube. plus pattern support comes free with ysolda's patterns, so you can always email her if there's something you're having extra trouble with