Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Emma's Second

Today I'm starting a new knitting project (shhh! don't tell my WIPs!). Last night, while messaging back & forth with my sister-in-law, I learned that my little niece Emma has lost her security. Well, her security blanket, that is. When Emma was born in the spring of 2003, shortly after I learned to knit, I made her a little blanket. Recently it seems to have fallen into a state of disrepair. So...it's time for a new blanket. It's such a simple construction, knit on the bias with eyelet increases and k2tog decreases forming a cozy garter-stitch square. And although the yarn, Lion Brand's Homespun, isn't my favorite...it's soft and easy to care for and, of course, what Emma has become so familiar with.

In completely unrelated news, this morning I was checking flights to Italy in late October, and I think the prices have actually gone down since the last time I checked! Since when does that ever happen?! Also, less than 36 hours after starting it, I'm more than halfway through Stephenie Meyer's Breaking Dawn. (This is truly a feat for me, as the book is over 700 pages long, I'm a slow reader, I've watched two movies, and I've slept twice!) I have to say, I certainly wasn't expecting the kind of plot this book has delivered, but obviously I'm liking it so far. But browsing the reviews on Amazon, I see that I may be in the minority.

No comments: