Sunday, August 17, 2008

The US State Department + Me = BFF

I've re-prioritized some of my projects (in order to justify working on my unnecessary distraction), and my future living arrangement woes are back where they belong--in the future. My stress level has gone way down in the last few days, with the help of beautiful weather, fresh flowers, and a new CD from the Ditty Bops. Oh, and the arrival of my passport! For those who don't know, I just turned in my application on the 6th. Of August. What?! When I saw the envelope in the mail this morning, I thought that it was my application being returned because there was a problem with my photos or the fact that I spelled my mother's middle name wrong or something like that. I can't believe that they actually processed my application and mailed me an actual passport in just 10 days. My faith in the US government has been temporarily restored.

P.S. These are the greatest shoes of all time. All time. And I think I should get this bag to take as my carry-on when I go to Italy. It would also be pretty useful for the short trips we'll be taking during my visit (as opposed to lugging my suitcase around with me)...including a little trip to Venice!! And maybe Murano too. I'm pinching myself to make sure it's all really real. The only thing that could possibly make life any better is this cake.

No comments: