Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Feeling Sublime

Before:
After:It had been a solid year since I'd gotten a hair cut (I've been trimming my bangs at home, which is fine when you're desperate, but doesn't actually look so great), and the last time had involved dyeing my hair dark brown and adding carmel-ish highlights (see the funky blonde patches in the 'before' photo?). My hair was, for me, incredibly damaged. Lots of split ends, tangles that would NOT comb out, and a lot of uncontrollable frizz. I visited my lovely hairdresser today, and she worked her beauty magic, trimming about an inch off the length and thinning out my hair (and evening up my mangled bangs). It's so shiny & silky now! Tomorrow I'm going to buy some rollers and experiment with curling my hair.

Also: today I went to my LYS and discovered that she's no longer carrying Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK! Oh nooooooo!! But she has added something new...Sublime Cashmere Merino Silk DK...and it's soooo yummy. Sometime in the next few months, I want to knit myself a bunny with one of the several lovely shades of pink she has in stock.

Also also: I stopped by Hobby Lobby to pick up some polyester fiberfill, and they had all of their Christmas stuff out! It was heaven. I found Drosselmeyer and Mouse King vintage-style mouth-blown glass ornaments to go with the Clara I got a few years ago. (My Clara ornament looks exactly like the one in that picture, and my Drosselmeyer and Mouse King are the same in style but different in color. They had the Nutcracker ornament too, but I didn't like it because to me it doesn't look much like the Nutcracker!) I'd really like to find a good Sugar Plum Fairy ornament someday. Hallmark has one this year, but it's really big and really expensive, although it does play "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy," which is quite lovely.

No comments: