Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Happier Post

Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock (in the Sept. '08 limited edition Gone Fishin' colorway), wound into a 'nest' with my tropical passionwood nostepinne

Yesterday I received this beautiful nostepinne (nosty, for short) in the mail. I purchased it on Etsy from Kari Welsh, a lady in Michigan who hand-turns them on a lathe. She makes them in all sorts of beautiful colors, but this tropical passionwood nosty really caught my eye. A nostepinne is an old Scandinavian tool used to wind yarn into center-pull balls. This was my first attempt, and although my ball turned out more egg-shaped, it was really very easy and fun.

P.S. Of course I'm not over Max's death, but I've got to let him go. I can't wallow in sadness the way I have the past couple of days. It's not healthy, and it's not going to bring him back.

No comments: