Sunday, October 5, 2008

In Digestion

Clockwise, from the top: extra-sharp cheddar cheese, honey crisp apple, St. Dalfour organic peppermint tea, roasted pumpkin seeds, and sweet yeast diamond roll.

These are the things that have made up a large part of my diet recently. Fall always puts me in a bit of a rustic mood. Unfortunately, the pumpkin seeds are store-bought...I haven't gotten around to roasting my own yet. The sweet yeast roll is also from the store. I'd like to make my own at home, but I'm having trouble finding a recipe for them. Today I bought a jar of St. Dalfour black cherry fruit spread, so I'm planning to make some sort of breakfast pastry during my weekend. I can't recommend St. Dalfour highly enough...it's the best peppermint tea I've ever had, and their preserves are fruity and sweet (despite containing zero added sugar).

What things do you like to eat when the weather turns cool?

No comments: