Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Six Days

That's how much time I have left until my trip. It's not much, and I still have a ton of things to do before I leave...and yet I'm not really stressed out. Actually, I'm really excited. I need to get away from this place for a little while. I haven't been on a vacation in more than 6 years! And right now, especially, I feel the need to escape from my life. I keep seeing Max out of the corner of my eye, keep expecting him to be sleeping in his little bed when I wake up in the morning, keep expecting him to greet me at the door every time I come home.

I really love the little Willow Tree memory box I got for Max's collar, and I decided to get one for all of the little treasures I've been collecting with Flavio. Unfortunately, the first store I went to had Willow Tree figurines but none of the boxes, and the second store I went to didn't have the box I'd originally wanted. I didn't feel like driving to a third store to find exactly what I wanted, so I spent a little more money on one that was a little bit bigger. And, well, I'm really glad that I got this one because the few things I've collected so far have practically filled the box.

Also: a few days ago, I got a coupon from Helzberg in the mail. It was for a free pair of pink pearl earrings, no strings attached! I picked them up today, and they're really lovely.

I also bought a Hungarian phrasebook at Borders because Flavio & I are thinking about taking a little trip to Budapest, hopefully sometime next year. I've seen some pictures from other people's recent trips, and I've heard a lot of really good things about it (mostly that it's beautiful and cheaper than Vienna, which--along with Paris and St. Petersburg--is one of my dream cities to visit).

No comments: