Friday, October 10, 2008

Sky & Bud


A couples months ago, I finished knitting an elephant for the newborn son of one of my sweetheart's colleagues. Then, I made an elephant and a bunny for my friend Sara's twins (who, I'm happy to report, were born healthy one week ago today). After Flavio showed the pictures of the toys to his colleague, she also asked for a bunny for her son, and then another colleague asked for an elephant and a bunny for her son too. I finished these two rabbits, Sky and Bud, a few weeks ago. I was planning to send all of the toys back to Italy with Flavio, but I had been so busy getting ready for him to come that I was unable to finish the second elephant. I also hadn't taken pictures of any of the toys. Well, I still haven't quite finished Sunny (the elephant), but I did manage to take some pictures of Sky & Bud this afternoon.

This fort reminds me a lot of the one my brother & I used to make as kids. We had an old quilt that we would throw over the dining room table and hide under. It was fabulous. My senior year of college, I made a fort in my dorm room using a bedsheet that I thumbtacked to the wall. Who doesn't love a good fort?

No comments: