Sunday, March 29, 2009

Little Surprise

I'd forgotten that my print copy of Ysolda Teague's Whimsical Little Knits, which I pre-ordered back in...January?...was coming in the mail, so I was completely surprised to find it in my mailbox yesterday morning. Happily surprised! Even though I also received the PDFs for these patterns as she released them individually, there's something really nice about having a little book to hold. And what great timing, too! You see, we had a little blizzard here yesterday, and there's no way my little car could've even made it down my street, so I stayed home from work. Cozy in my pajamas, watching Twilight for the third time in a week, I started knitting the Poppy pattern. I didn't have enough yarn to do the whole body in the flesh-colored yarn, so I decided to knit her wearing a shirt under her jumper, and once I get to the legs, she'll be wearing some striped knee-socks. The flesh-colored yarn is leftover from my Brenta Beret, and it's kind of an olive-y flesh tone (like Flavio!), so I'm giving her black hair and calling her Bambolina (Italian for "little doll"). I love her already! ♥

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, that's soo cute! Makes me want to have babies and sit around making them little toys. Love handmade dolls. I have a handmade Raggedy Ann doll that I never really played with much as a girl because I was more into stuffed animals than dolls, but I really cherish her now...
Make sure to show her finished!!
(sorry if you get this twice, I didn't see it post on LJ and thought I'd post here instead...)

Lori Ann said...

Adorable Whitney! You're so talented.