Friday, November 7, 2008

Italia è per gli innamorati!

Lucky for you, I do kiss and tell! Italy was incredible. I've been home for about 36 hours, and I miss Italy already. Milan was a madhouse, but by the end of my trip I was getting used to the rain and the crazy traffic and the bumpy metro and the vendors shoving umbrellas in my face at every corner. These are easy things to deal with when you get to have a cream-filled brioche & espresso for breakfast and everywhere you look you see beautiful plants & flowers spilling over balconies and you walk past a gelaterie every 10 or 20 meters. As if that weren't enough, I also met a lot of really wonderful people.

Flavio's village, Vercelli, was really lovely. His family was so sweet and welcoming. We visited a street fair and Sant'Andrea (a 13th-century church in the city's center) and I had my first Italian gelato.

Then it was on to Venice! The train ride was cozy, and I got to see the sun rise over the hills. Venice was amazing. I ate four ice cream cones and we stayed at a beautiful bed & breakfast and we went to Murano and, oh, I can't even begin to tell you everything. Here are some pictures, but just believe me when I say that they don't do the city justice. If you ever have the opportunity to go to Venice, do it! I can't wait to go back someday.

Of course these aren't all of the photos I took during my trip! Although I took 300 photos, my computer is suffering from a severe memory drought, and I only managed to get about 56 photos transferred from my camera. See the rest of the photos I managed to upload here.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow wow wow! Your photos are absolutely spectacular! I'm so glad you had a great time!

♥whitney said...

thanks andrea!! when you go to italy, you should try to make a little day trip to venice--of course, there's way too much stuff to see it all in one day (I wish we could've spent the entire week there), but the photos really don't do the city justice.