Saturday, November 29, 2008

Madeline Mitts


I finished my Endpaper Mitts yesterday, just in time to wear them home from work tonight, during our first snow of the season. I wasn't entirely happy with the way the colors came out, but they're so warm and fit so well that I really don't care anymore. Next up (after I finish Flavio's socks, of course) I want to knit Heath's Socks, a beautiful new pattern written by my friend Andrea. I think I want to try Malabrigo, but I don't know much about it. Does anybody recommend/not recommend it?

P.S. I've named my mitts after my cat, Madeline, who was killed by my neighbor's dogs today. I'd had her for 12 years, half my life, and she loved to lay in my lap while I knitted. Whenever the world felt like it was falling apart around me, she was there for cuddles and comfort.

2 comments:

S. said...

I'm so sorry about your kitty.

My pet just died, and while she was old and it was somewhat expected, it still hurts.

:(

♥whitney said...

thank you, sara. I'm sorry about your pet, too. it hurts anytime you lose someone, pet or person, who's close to you. about six weeks ago, my dog died after a week-long battle with an auto-immune disease. I'm still struggling with that loss. but I'm told it gets better over time, and I hope the same is true for you