Tuesday, November 25, 2008

New Oven Day!

my mom peeking into the new oven!
merry christmas to us!

Our new oven was installed this morning. It's really beautiful and shiny, but it doesn't make the creak-and-bang sounds like the old one, and I know it's going to take me a while to adjust to buttons instead of knobs. Still...it's really lovely. We're breaking it in right now with a mushroom pizza, something we've been desperately missing for the past six weeks. I'm also eager to try out the puzzle-shaped cookie cutters I bought at Muji on my last day in Milan, along with a lot of other baked yumminess.

Other news:
  • I had a really bad day yesterday. And the exclamation point at the end of it was being pulled over by an officer from the sheriff's department, not fifty feet from my house at 1 AM. I'd never been pulled over before, and I knew I hadn't been speeding and had used my turn signal every time, so I really didn't know what was going on. Anyway, I guess the light above my license plate was burned out, and the guy was really nice about the whole thing, and I didn't get a ticket. Still, it was extremely frustrating (and a little humiliating) to be pulled over right in front of my neighbor's house, when all I wanted was to just get home.
  • I've been told by a couple of people that they're having trouble commenting on my blog. I don't know if this is a general Blogger glitch, or if it's an issue with my blog in particular. Is anyone else having trouble sending and/or receiving comments?
  • Be my Twitter friend!

No comments: