Sunday, November 16, 2008

What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger

Sorry for my lack of blogging this past week. At first, I was having some trouble adjusting to being back in the US. I know, it sounds crazy since I was only gone for a week, but it seems to have been a pretty critical week in the States! Halloween, the election, and the start of the Christmas season (is it just me, or does this seem to start earlier every year?). This past week has also been plagued by several catastrophes, large and small. They're pretty personal, so I won't go into detail here, but the phrase, "what doesn't kill me makes me stronger," is pretty fitting, particularly when applied to my relationship with Flavio. I'm so eager for us to start our life together...I'm hoping that once we're living together, all of the chaos will end.

But I don't want to give you the impression that everything has been bad since I've been back! Actually, day-to-day life has been pretty good:
  • We bought a new oven!! It should (hopefully) be installed sometime later this week, but most definitely before Thanksgiving.
  • I finally got a new phone. I'm not in love with it, and unfortunately I had to get a new SIM card, so I don't have any of my pictures of Max or Flavio, but at least I can make phone calls now! :D
  • Flavio & I have decided where we want to live when he moves here in April. I've been having fun thinking about furniture arrangements and daydreaming about going for sunset walks on the hiking trails.
  • Driving home from work every night, my hands are always freezing. I've been shopping around for some fingerless gloves/mitts (I don't like gloves because I can't get a good grip on the steering wheel), but I didn't like any that I found. So I'm making my own! Last night I ordered some Louet Gems Fingering in charcoal and Noro Silk Garden Sock in S258 to make Eunny Jang's Endpaper Mitts. This will be my first time using Noro...I've heard a lot of negative things about Noro sock yarn (and I've felt it myself at Twist...it's awfully scratchy), but I'm hoping that the silk blend will be a little better.
With Christmas approaching, I won't be blogging much over the next six weeks. But in January, I'll be back with lots of things to share!

No comments: