Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Don't Get It Twisted

In case any of you were previously under the delusion that yours is the greatest LYS on the planet, I'd like to set the record straight, once and for all. Of course, I haven't actually been to very many yarn shops, and I have seen pictures of some really beautiful shops across the country and around the world, but I can't imagine any better than Twist. They have the friendliest people, the prettiest shop windows, and a really wonderful selection. Plus buttons! Oh, the buttons! If they carried Malabrigo sock yarn and had a Starbucks next door, "Twist Yarn Shop" might just be another name for heaven. Obviously, I'm still in the afterglow of buying woolly stuffs. And pretty excited about my free Twist tote bag.

I got the lime green Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran for a baby-sized Koolhaas and the ice blue Babyboo for my first-ever Otto (the black Babyboo is for the eyes & nose)--both for my cousin Brittany's coming attraction. And this beautiful tweedy brown O-Wool is for my second-ever Otto. The past couple of days I've been thinking about knitting a tweedy antique-y brown bear, and when I saw this O-Wool at Twist, I knew it was exactly what I needed.

And did I mention the buttons? I have no idea what I'll use these for, but buttons are my kryptonite, and these have now been tucked away into my button stash.

Now I'm off to finish my second sock so I can get started on the new projects!!

1 comment:

Lori Ann said...

those buttons ARE cute!!!