Sunday, December 28, 2008

Interim

Last night (well, around 5 o'clock this morning) I finished the first of my Heath's Socks. I usually have a hard time finding the motivation to knit the second sock, but I love this pattern and yarn, and I can't wait to wear the pair. Plus I've got some baby things to knit, and I'm trying really hard to finish one project before I move onto another one. And Ysolda published her pattern for Poppy, which I downloaded after work last night.

Since my last post, I've been printing & organizing my huge stockpile of knitting pattern PDFs. And enjoying a warm, rather balmy Friday (followed by a tornado watch, a huge thunderstorm, and snow). And watching 7 episodes of Criminal Minds in 24 hours. I also made an impulsive decision which may drastically change my daily habits and routine (for the better). It's been a while since I've had a good shake-up, and this one--if it comes to pass--will make January interesting for the first time in my entire life. Have I ever mentioned that I hate January? Well, winter in general, but December has Christmas and February has Valentine's Day (and a little bit of 'spring preview' weather and fashion). January is just long and cold and bleak. This year I'll deal with it by knitting furiously and sleeping plenty. And maybe, finally, making some friends.

No comments: