Friday, December 12, 2008

Marshmallow Mitts

After she fell in love with my Madeline Mitts, I decided to make a pair of Endpaper Mitts for my mom as a last-minute Christmas present. There are a couple of things you should know about me: 1) I'm terrible at knitting with a deadline, and 2) I'm terrible at knitting in pairs. I get distracted, burned out, bored, etc. And yet this is the third project in row that I've knitted a pair of something in a timely manner! I think part of it is that I'm just so happy to not be knitting little stuffed animals, and part of it is that two of those three projects were knitted for the two people I love the most in this world.

The colors of these mitts remind me of marshmallows floating in a steamy mug of hot cocoa, one of my favorite winter treats.

Next up, I'll be knitting Ysolda Teague's Last Minute Stockings, using all of that yummy woolly stuff I bought the other day!

No comments: