Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Blueberry Crisp

After my success with the apricot crisp last week, I decided to try it again...this time with blueberries. I love blueberries. Love. Love. And when I saw a lovely pint of them at the grocery store on Sunday, I knew I had to try this recipe ASAP. And what a success it was!

Original recipe at smitten kitchen. Substitute apricots with about 1.5-2 cups blueberries (I only used 1.5 cups because that's all my baking dish would hold...this would definitely be better with more blueberries, though, so if the dish you're using is slightly larger, use the whole 2 cups). Also, I used cinnamon instead of nutmeg because I don't have any nutmeg. And I omitted the almonds because...gross. Last but not least, 30-40 minutes in the oven is ridiculous. Mine was done after 13 minutes. I think in the future I may bake it longer, but at a lower temperature (like 350), because the blueberries didn't have enough time to break down and release their juices (this wasn't a problem with the apricot crisp because the apricots were in pieces to begin with). I served this for dessert, warm with whipped cream (or vanilla ice cream).

No comments: