Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Free-Form Pizza

It's been a rainy sort of weekend.* Perfect for tinkering around in the kitchen or watching old movies while curled up in my big red chair with my old man blanket. Tonight for dinner I made my favorite pizza. Normally I take the easy way out and just buy a pre-made crust, but I really prefer the taste of homemade crust. I'm not so adventurous as to make it from scratch, though...I just use the Jiffy boxed mix. And I've never actually made this crust before (at least, not by myself), and anyway I guess I didn't really mix it very well because the dough was kind of lumpy. I got frustrated with trying to make it a perfect square or circle or something, so I gave up and made it free-form. Anyway, my mistakes turned out wonderful because the crust was soft & chewy on the inside, but had a great little crunch on the outside. I topped it with basil, garlic, & oregano tomato sauce, mozzarella, black olives, mushrooms, and sundried tomato & basil feta (in that order).

*My workweek is Thursday-Monday, so my "weekend" is Tuesday-Wednesday. It's pretty much terrific because everything is open without being crowded, there's decent stuff on tv, and my sweetheart doesn't work on Wednesdays either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you get the comment i left on the rss feed on my lj!?