Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sweet Pea, etc.

Oh my blog, I haven't been ignoring you. I've just had a lot of things in progress and very little finished, and therefore nothing much to post. I've been working on matching striped raglan sweaters for my friend Sara, who's having twins (a boy and a girl) in October, although I set them aside while I worked on Sweet Pea, my version of Ysolda Teague's Gretel beret. I should mention that I'm not really so crazy with how this hat turned out. The cables were tedious (in hindsight, maybe I should've tried learning how to do them without a cable needle, as the pattern recommends), and this yarn (Rowan Summer Tweed) has terrible stitch definition. And also reinforced my distaste for cotton-y yarns. Someday when all of my WIPs are finished (haha yeah right), I'd like to redo this pattern with a lovelier yarn...something woolly and smooth and solid-colored. Until then, on to Avalon: yesterday I received 15 balls of RYC Cashsoft DK in a lovely pale gray, for knitting Ysolda's Coraline. I'm trying to convince myself to finish the twins' sweaters before embarking on my own, but it's that sweet sort of temptation that's so hard to resist. Like ice cream or kisses.

[ raveled. ]

Otherwise, I've just been watching a lot of movies lately. Today I finally got around to seeing The Dark Knight, which was incredible. And last week I signed up for Netflix, so I've been spending a lot of time filling my queue with old movies (like the Thin Man series and anything with Audrey Hepburn, Cary Grant, or Fred Astaire). If anybody has any movie recommendations, I'd love to hear them!

P.S. I shall be making these blueberry crumb bars quite soon...perhaps tomorrow! Rainy days are always good for baking, I think. And any day is good for blueberries.

1 comment:

Rayana said...

I finally signed up for netflix too! My queue is seriously short.. it's sad :(