Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Miss Adventure

This hasn't been a very recuperative weekend for me. I did a lot of running around yesterday, and today I had lunch & went antiquing with my cousin (one of the coolest people on the planet, fyi) and also took my big girl to the vet. And through it all, I managed to miss out on seeing The Dark Knight, my one big definite Plan for the weekend. I also didn't buy yarn for Gretel--well, not at my LYS, anyway. I ended up buying some Rowan Summer Tweed online last night. But I did find lots of yummy Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK--8 balls, in fact--for a couple of new baby sweaters. My friend Sara is having twins--a boy and a girl--due in October. Last night I started on the boy's sweater, and I'll start on the girl's as soon as I get an extra pair of size 6 Clover bamboo needles (coming with my tweedy goodness on Friday). Here's a sneak peak of the stripe pattern (on the girl's sweater, the red & teal will be swapped out for pink & purple):

Tonight I'm going to sleep for 12 hours. Well, maybe not quite that long, but definitely a good long while.

No comments: