Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Goodness and Good News

There are many things that I love in this world. Three of them collide beautifully in the Crispy Salted Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookie recipe I got from smitten kitchen. Although I forgot to add the vanilla, my sea salt wasn't the flaky kind, and my cookies are inexplicably flat, my oh my they're some of the best cookies I've ever eaten anyway. Even the slightly burned ones are delicious! One thing I must mention, though, if you decide to try the recipe yourself--I didn't find them to have a strong scent while baking, so you've really gotta keep an eye on these as they're baking (typically I judge a cookie's doneness by its scent). They turn from "deep golden" to brown in the blink of an eye!


Okay, on to the good news: today my sweetheart told me that his firm, Leftloft, is planning to open their New York office much sooner than expected. This means that if everything goes according to our little plan, we could be getting married & moving to Brooklyn as early as March or April!! This is light years sooner than our original plan, which saw us taking this step two or three years from now. I'm still a little in shock, and crossing all crossable appendages in hopes that this plan actually comes to fruition, but I'm over the moon with happiness right now.

And one more thing before I go watch Vantage Point on DVD while eating some delicious cookies: today I googled "Italian word of the day" in hopes of finding an rss feed to increase my Italian vocabulary, and I found an amazing foreign language resource site, Transparent Language. They have word of the day widgets in several languages, including 1337 (in case you're a big ol' nerd like me), and online language games & puzzles. So cool!! I've added the Italian word of the day widget to the side of this blog.

No comments: